Skip To Content
  • Home
  • Real Estate
  • Check out Nick Fong’s answer to “Can a foreigner work in Mexico?”

Check out Nick Fong’s answer to “Can a foreigner work in Mexico?”

In this latest video from Nick Fong, the broker and founder of Ronival Real Estate, the number-one brokerage in Mexico, is excited to share how you, as a foreigner, absolutely can work in Mexico.  As he says in his video, he did it, and is still doing it in quite a big way.  In fact, Nick eventually became a real Mexican citizen – dual citizenship.

Now the question is this:  How do you do it?  Watch the video and read on to get the right answer to this.  Then, consider your options now that you have more of them at your fingertips.

Working in Mexico as a foreigner

To begin, Nick recommends working with an immigration attorney that will get you the proper work permit.  Most of the time, you’ll find that you need to be sponsored by a company.  As Nick says in the video, many people are in sales, real estate sales, and other types of business.  In Nick’s business, Mexican real estate, you typically get sponsored by the broker you work for, like Nick Fong himself.

As another avenue, some of Nick’s clients who buy real estate set up a Mexican corporation.  Then, they receive a sponsorship through their corporation in Mexico.  Either way, according to Nick, you can work in Mexico.  You just need to get the proper work permit to work legally in Mexico.

Can a foreigner to own Mexican real estate?

Yes, as a foreigner, owning real estate in Mexico is legal and simple.  Either through the process described above or through a Mexican “trust” called a fideicomiso, if you are a foreigner to Mexico, you may purchase Mexican real estate.

Requirements to buy real estate in Mexico

Below are the few requirements to follow when you purchase Mexican real estate.  And, it isn’t complicated.  Your Ronival real-estate agent in Baja Sur will help you through the entire process.  So, don’t be vexed!  Your attention should lie in finding the right Baja Sur real estate that fits all your needs and desires.

The simple list of requirements:

  1. Provide your Passport from the country that you come from.
  2. Attain a Mexican Tourist Visa (min. requirement) or a Temporary Residency Visa.
  3. Purchase a fideicomiso, which is a bank trust, held by a Mexican bank in your name.

A Mexican bank will then hold the trust deed for you.  And, you’ll become the beneficiary and retain full ownership of that Cabo San Lucas real estate.

Mexican Temporary Residency Visa

You may purchase real estate in Mexico with a Mexican Tourist Visa, which is obtained at the airport when you enter Mexico.  But, if you plan to stay in Mexico, it’s a good idea to obtain a Mexican Temporary Residency Visa.

The Temporary Resident Visa will only be granted for one year when you first obtain it.  Then, after the first year, temporary residents may apply for one, two, or three years renewal of their temporary resident card.

Foreigners who intend to stay in Mexico for more than 180 days must attain their Temporary Residence Visa.  First, you must prove your income and show that you can support yourself while living in Mexico.  Of course, if you’re an investor, or you already own real estate in Mexico, you probably already qualify for a Temporary Residency Visa.

Baja California Sur real estate

Many Americans, Canadians, and people from other countries choose to make Los Cabos and other magical towns in Baja California Sur, Mexico, their home or vacation home.  Discover how to purchase your dream home in Baja.  Make an appointment with the top Real Estate Broker in Baja: Nick Fong, featured on HGTV’s Beachfront Bargain Hunt.

Since 2010, Ronival has been helping clients find the best homes in Cabo and throughout Baja California Sur. And, they’re highly-skilled negotiators that’ll get you the best price. Whether you plan to buy a property or quickly sell your Baja real estate, they’ve got you covered!

If you’d like to take a tour of a property in Cabo or anywhere else in Baja California Sur, just click CONTACT to inquire.  Or, call directly at 619-831-2000.  Ronival will be happy to answer your questions.  You can also schedule a time to show you around this breathtaking location.

Ronival on YouTube

See Nick Fong in action on his Ronival YouTube Channel.  Find his videos on the Rovival VLOG, where you can read a short, yet in-depth post.  Below is an example of one of Nick Fong’s Ronival videos:

Thank you for reading Check out Nick Fong’s answer to “Can a foreigner work in Mexico?”.  Be sure to read other posts about Cabo and Baja California Sur on the Ronival blog. There, learn about the many wonderful aspects of Baja California Sur, Mexico, from blog posts like this.

See more posts from Ronival Real Estate and Property Management

Trackback from your site.

Leave a Reply